What’s New in SharePath V4?
Maximize on search functionality and user interface for enhanced overall performance with these key features:
- Advanced session search and drill down with strong filtering capabilities.
- Smartification of SLA-compliance
- Enablement of transaction groups that facilitate monitoring a series of transaction types.
- New Application Diagnostic Report provides an end to end view (summary) of all the anomalies in the application performance/stack.
- Transaction topology no longer just alert application slowness, but indicates a full array of problems an application is experiencing.
Correlsense SharePath is unique in its ability to trace single user requests for any application and follow it through the entire technology stack within an enterprise data-center. Some of the largest companies in the world rely on SharePath to manage critical application performance and ensure applications are always up and running as expected. SharePath shows how much of these five second interactions were spent in the web server, app server, database, message brokers, other apps and so forth.
SharePath Transaction topology mapping has now become extremely valuable.
It no longer just alerts of application slowness but illustrates an array of problems an application is experiencing almost immediately, from specific anomaly indicators such as total failed events, total exceptions to total method-level hotspots for every single node.
SharePath has the only full transaction tracing and mapping technology in the market. SharePath traces transactions across the entire IT stack, covering rich client desktop apps, browsers, mobile devices, Citrix servers, proxies, web servers, application servers, message brokers, databases, proprietary code, c/c++ native code, shell scripts, third party packaged apps such as Oracle Forms, Oracle Applications, Siebel, Documentum and much more.
Problem isolation is the biggest challenge facing today’s IT Operations teams. With frequent roll-outs and the accelerating reliance on virtualized and shared services, production environments are now so complex that hardly anyone can claim complete understanding of how any particular application behaves. Using SharePath means you can:
- Get alerts via email when applications underperform
- Isolate problems quickly by tier, application, user, IP etc. or your own parameters
- Compare current slow-downs with historical or baseline data
SharePath Code Level Visibility (CLV) provides deeper data about the production failures and bottlenecks associated with each and every method in your code. The lightweight agent technology adds very little overhead and can be deployed by anyone, requiring no prior development, code or application-specific knowledge.
- Provides full code visibility for SQL statements and for calls to other external resources such as LDAP, Web Services, etc.
- Provides full code visibility of the root cause of slowly performed (stalled) transactions
- Captures deadlocks and unhandled exceptions and associates them with user requests
- Associates application log messages and errors with end-user requests
- Identify bottlenecks across all layers to improve and optimize your end user experience and reduce current and future performance issues
- Understand both infrastructure and shared services usage by application or transaction type
- Find problems occurring in real-time by comparing recent minutes of activity to an hour or a day before
- Isolate sporadic performance issues using sophisticated “Good vs Bad” application and transaction behavior models
- Understand application or transaction behavior changes across timeframes
- Analyze stress tests by comparing application behavior under varying loads of concurrent users and throughputs to identify cross-tier bottlenecks.
Reports and Alerts
By providing dashboards and data that everyone can understand, SharePath replaces cross-departmental confusion and service provider headaches with plain facts about where and why performance problems occur.
By detecting and tracking 100% of transaction as they move across multiple tiers, components and platforms within the technology stack, even the most isolated and intermittent problems can be found and fixed, sometimes before anyone has had a chance to notice. Designed primarily for IT Operations, SharePath can:
- Alert you to problems occurring in your infrastructure real time
- Identify and fix problems before support calls come in
- Provide in-depth reports that are easy to understand and share with team members
Real User Monitoring
Stop grappling in the dark with synthetic or code-level data. Measure the experience of 100% of your end users and get your first truly accurate real-time picture of application availability, response times and service level performance with SharePath.
- Know the true user experience of all your customers
- Monitor one or many applications all from the same place, at the same time
- Share dashboards and reports all stakeholders can understand
SharePath automatically detects and tracks all application activity to create a real-time representation of the user experience click-by-click, hop-by-hop across the multiple applications, components, and infrastructure that make up your IT production environment.
SharePath XenApp Citrix Collector
The new SharePath Citrix XenApp Collector provides access to Citrix Performance Metrics (e.g. ICA Latency between XenApp Terminal and actual XenApp Server) straight from the SharePath UI by simply clicking the XenApp node in the topology map.
On every monitored XenApp node, the SharePath Agent and the Citrix Collector can be installed to provide the missing puzzle piece of information. Together with the monitoring information that is currently collected about application performance in the data center, the Citrix Collector will provide Real User Monitoring Data for all sessions that run on a specific XenApp, as well as data on the sessions’ performance. Two type of metrics are provided here – general server metrics and session specific metrics. Both of the metrics are provided by the collector and shown on the screen.
No need for credit card