Cloud computing brings with it many benefits, especially lower IT costs and increased flexibility. However, the dynamic, hybrid nature of cloud environments requires enterprises to re-think their existing IT management processes and tools, especially the processes of change management, incident management, problem resolution, capacity management and release management. Meeting the challenges of managing the border between an on-premise infrastructure and a cloud infrastructure and actively monitoring an off-premise cloud is the only way to ensure your cloud computing initiative will succeed. A cloud that fails to meet SLAs and provides poor performance benefits no one.
“This [transaction-based] approach is ideal for distributed virtualized cloud environments that are constantly changing.”
– Jane Clabby, Clabby Analytics
Highly virtualized and extremely dynamic cloud architectures render obsolete the standard tools and processes used to manage a static IT environment. Transactions are the only threads that can provide the visibility needed to manage and monitor a cloud environment. Managing and tracking transactions are the only way to really understand what is going on in such complex, hybrid environments.
SharePath: The Solution for Reliable IT in the Cloud
Whether virtualizing an environment, implementing a private cloud or migrating applications to a public cloud, the first order of business for anyone embarking on a cloud computing effort is to ensure that end-user service is not degraded. SharePath’s unique transaction tracking capabilities ensure that end users have the same—or even better—service than before, and they will not be impacted by the migration process. SharePath’s comprehensive transaction management features provide the visibility required to see how end-user response times are impacted by each component in the environment, whether physical, virtual, on-premise or in the public cloud. In short, SharePath enables you to provide reliable IT in the cloud.
SharePath Helps with Each Step of the Project Lifecycle
Virtualizing your infrastructure, migrating a critical application to the cloud or implementing a private cloud are all high-risk projects that may result in degraded service for end users if not managed properly. SharePath can help with every step during the project lifecycle to ensure that end users enjoy reliable service, and perhaps even improved end-user experience. Throughout all the phases of a cloud project—planning, testing, migrating, operating and managing—SharePath provides unprecedented visibility into business service / IT dependencies and transaction behavior models.
- Automatically detect dependencies – SharePath automatically detects dependencies between business services and IT components, even across multiple tiers and applications.
- Prioritize – SharePath highlights the software components and applications which tax the infrastructure, allowing you to focus on the components and applications which are “safer” to virtualize.
- Optimize and enable – Gain actionable insight into how to reduce infrastructure usage and inefficiencies by optimizing transactions and applications. This is the first step toward enabling applications and software components to be virtualized.
- Gain visibility into transaction behavior for both production and testing environments, providing the understanding needed regarding how end-user experience is impacted by every component.
- Assess capacity changes that may be required before migrating.
- Isolate and resolve performance issues in advance and correct them before the migration using production transaction model data as baselines and leveraging comprehensive transaction behavior change analysis.
- Quickly isolate and resolve performance issues as soon as they occur through comprehensive transaction behavior change analysis.
- Avoid unnecessary rollbacks which can waste time, money and resources.
- Prove to all stakeholders that user experience is not degraded and has even improved.
Manage and Operate
- Automatically detect business/IT dependency mapping – Gain real-time visibility into all of the moving or static components that comprise a business service.
- Assure service levels are not impacted by frequent changes and movement of software and infrastructure through comprehensive change analytics.
- Instantly pinpoint service degradations by leveraging intelligent cross-tier transaction model baselines.
- Enable accurate cost allocations/charge-backs by metering every transaction throughout its entire path.
If you have specific questions or would just like to know more, please fill out the form below.